We are the only facility in Greater Cleveland to offer cage-free, supervised overnights for your dogs. This means your dog is not caged or put in a kennel unless you have requested for us to do so or we determine your dog needs down time to sleep and relax. As a result of our success offering a cage-free experience, there is limit to the number of dogs we accept for overnight stays. To stay as an overnight guest, your dog must be enrolled and completed our evaluation process. Enrollment is required so we can meet your dogs and they can get familiar with The Mutt Hutt. There is a $20 fee per dog to enroll your dog and that includes a full day of daycare the day of the evaluation. Please call 216-621-MUTT to enroll your dog and set up the evaluation. We are no longer a drop-in boarding facility and do require dogs to attend daycare and stay familiar with the facility.
When your dog sleeps over, daycare is included in the cost. You may check your dog in as early as 7:00 AM on weekdays, 8 am on Saturday. All guests must check in by 10 AM. Check out is 12:00 PM the day of departure. If you need a later check out, nominal hourly fees are applied for the additional time. Dogs must be dropped off during regular business hours and picked up by the designated pick up time outlined below. Daycare passes cannot be used for additional daycare charges during an overnight stay.
Dogs that do not attend daycare or overnights after a six-month period are subject to come for a daycare visit or re-evaluation prior to boarding with us. This policy is case by case and should not discourage you from booking with us.
We do not allow check-in on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- We are no longer a drop-in boarding facility and do require dogs to attend daycare and stay familiar with the facility.
- Re-evaluations are required if your dog has not been in our facility in six months
- All dogs must arrive by 10 AM.
- Reservations are taken on a first come/first served basis and are based on availability.
- Reservations are required in advance of the stay.
- Due to high demand, we recommend you make reservations 2 weeks in advance for non-holiday stays and 8 weeks in advance for stays incorporating a holiday. We will try our best to accommodate last-minute requests. We do not guarantee space.
- We do not hold space without a deposit. The 50% deposit is required at the time of booking. Please note if you have a debit card on file it will be charged at the time of booking. We are not responsible for fees incurred due to insufficient funds.
- Deposits are waived for those using an advance purchase boarding package.
- Daycare passes cannot be applied for overnight stays.
- Prior to arrival, there are no additional fees should you need to change your dog’s arrival/departure or check in/check out times. However, due to limited space, we may not be able to accommodate last minute changes.
Monday- Friday: 7:00 am – 10 AM
Saturday: 8:00 am – 10 AM
Sunday: No check-ins
- The Mutt Hutt is closed for check-in Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Please allow 5-10 minutes when you arrive to go over any specific details about your dog’s eating habits or medication needs
- Please refrain from bringing blankets, beds, cages and toys. We know your dog loves them, but we provide everything your dog will need for his or her stay!
- We operate supervised and cage-free 24-hours per day and we need to make sure all of the dogs burn off their daytime energy before bedtime. To keep all of the dogs safe and on the same energy level, we require that all dogs check-in by 10 AM.
Monday – Thursday: 7 am – 9 pm – Hourly fees per dog apply beginning at noon
Friday: 7 am – 7 pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 am – 6 pm
- We understand your plans may change resulting in a later check-out time. Please review our check-out schedule posted above and let us know what time you expect to pick up your dog.
- If you do not arrive by the time our facility closes your dog will stay for an additional night at your expense.
- During playtime, your dog may become dirty, slobbered on and could be smelly. We offer Mutt-Washes for $15 plus tax. Be sure to ask for a departure wash if you would like to your dog to come home clean. Dogs that stay with us for 5 days or more receive a complimentary Mutt-Wash on the day of departure.
To avoid additional fees, check-out must be by noon on the scheduled day of departure. Hourly fees will be applied for checking out after noon. There are no additional daycare charges for dogs boarding 5 or more nights.
The daycare hourly fees charged after noon are:
1-Mutt Rate: $3/hour
2-Mutt Rate: $5/hour
3-Mutt Rate: $8/hour
4-Mutt Rate: $10/hour
- We will feed and medicate your dog at no charge.
- We provide stainless steel bowls that are sanitized before each feeding.
- Unless otherwise noted, all dogs are fed two times per day in the morning and evening.
- It is your responsibility to bring food with your dog to last his or her entire stay.
- We appreciate when food is portioned out in individual zip-lock style bags for each meal. If this is not possible, we will bag the food for you. Please be aware your dog is burning a lot more energy during their extended overnight stay than they do while at home. They may require a larger helping of food.
- We ask that you pack extra food in case your plans unexpectedly change and your dog needs to stay with us longer.
- We do not recommend changing your dog’s food during their Mutt Hutt stay, as it may upset their digestive system. In the event you do not provide food we will provide your dog with our house brand (Nature’s Domain or Diamond Brand Salmon & Sweet Potato) and you account will be charged $2 per meal.
- All necessary medications and instructions must be provided at the time of check-in.
- Please allow 10 minutes to discuss the medication procedures with TMH staff.
- We will follow your verbal instructions and they will be documented on TMH medication log during your dog’s stay. Should your verbal instructions be different than the actual label on the medication, we will make every attempt to contact you or your veterinary provider for proper administration of medication.
The Mutt Hutt is closed for check-in on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day. During the designated “HOLIDAY BLACK OUT DAYS,” deposits paid for holiday reservations are non-refundable and are paid at the time of booking. Please be sure of your stay before making your reservation. Your credit card will be charged a non-refundable, 50% deposit. We do not allow dogs to check in on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day or New Years Day.
2016-2017 HOLIDAY BLACK OUT DAYS
Labor Day 2016: Friday, September 2 – Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Thanksgiving 2016: Wednesday, November 23 – Monday, November 28, 2016
Christmas/New Years 2016-17: Friday, December 23 – Monday, January 2, 2017
Memorial Day 2017: Friday, May 26 – Monday, May 29, 2017
Independence Day 2017: Friday, June 30 – Tuesday, July 4, 2016
Due to the high demand for supervised, cage-free overnight stays, we usually have a waiting list for owners wishing to leave their dogs at The Mutt Hutt.
- Reservations for non-holiday stays must be cancelled at least 48-hours prior to the arrival time for a full refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to the arrival date of non-holiday stays are non-refundable.
- REMINDER: Deposits paid for stays that include holiday black out periods are non-refundable and are required at the time of booking.
To make a reservation please call 216-621-MUTT or send a request via email to email@example.com.