The mission of THE MUTT HUTT is to provide a safe, fun and stimulating social environment for pets while in our care. To help ensure the safety and health of your pet and our other guests, we require all guests to comply with the following rules and regulations. We are no longer a drop-in boarding facility and do require dogs to attend daycare and stay familiar with the facility.
- Please call The Mutt Hutt at 216-621-6888 to schedule your evaluation in advance. Allow up to two weeks’ notice for your appointment.
- Please bring the attached forms completely filled out on the day of your dog’s evaluation along with vet records. This will save you time in the morning and will allow your dog to enter our facility right away.
- We are a cage-free facility we require that all dogs over the age of 5 months come in for an evaluation. Please call to schedule the evaluation so that we can make sure that your Mutt fits in with the pack. The cost to evaluate your dog is $20 and includes a full day of daycare.
- All dogs must be spayed or neutered with the exception of puppies. Females in season will not be able to attend daycare. We reserve the right to suspend attendance for any puppy that is not spayed or neutered by six months of age. Please be aware some hormones related to unaltered puppies disrupt the pack. We strive on having a controlled, balanced, quiet pack.
- All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations. Bring proof of vaccinations from your vet or have the vet fax the vaccination records to 216-373-4902. Before your dog enters of facility you must provide proof from their vet that they have been vaccinated against:Distemper/Parvo (DHLPP), Rabies (1 or 3 year), and your dog must receive a 1-year Bordetella Injection or the nasal version every 6 months. If a dog has a medical reason for not having vaccines, they will have to be approved by the manager before coming to THE MUTT HUTT.
- An effective flea/tick preventative is required during flea season (April-December). Flea collars are not acceptable. THE MUTT HUTT is not responsible if your pet contracts fleas. Heartworm preventative is required year round.
- Owners must certify their pet is in good health and has not been ill with a communicable condition in the last 30 days. Upon admission, all pets must be free from any condition that could potentially jeopardize other guests. Pets that have been ill with a communicable condition the last 30 days will be required to provide veterinarian certification of health to be admitted or re-admitted.
- All dogs must be non-aggressive with other dogs. Owners must certify that their pet has neither harmed nor shown any aggressive or threatening behavior towards any person or other animal.
- All dogs must be checked into the facility by 10 AM regardless of staying for the day or overnight. This is to help balance the energy levels of the entire pack and preserve the safety of the dogs in our care. We ask that you respect our policies as safety is our number one concern.
- We will not tolerate excessive barking; it is very disruptive to the playgroup. If your dog is barking excessively, we will isolate your dog to attempt to stop the barking. In the event your dog continues this behavior they may
be asked to leave the facility.
- Your dog must enter the play area naked. We will remove all leashes and collars as a safety precaution in the facility before entering the play area. If you choose for your dog to wear a collar there is a collar waiver.
There are times when a correction collar may be used on your dog to correct behavior problems. Please ask about this if there is a concern.
- For the safety and well-being of the dogs in daycare you must agree to not enter the play area during daycare hours or without permission from the facility manager on duty. Tours are scheduled by appointment only before/after daycare hours. Please read our policy on tours in this packet.
Please remember that your dog will be spending time with other pets and the safety of all animals is our main concern. We look forward to meeting you and your Mutt!
Owner & Operations Manager