DROP OFF & PICK UP PROCEDURE: For the safety of your dog(s), we require that you do not unleash your dog inside our lobby unless your dog is in the gated area behind the front desk. Do not have your dog without the control of a leash or harness in our lobby. We will bring your leashed dog to you at departure time. All dogs must arrive by 10 AM regardless of daycare or overnight care. For pick up we close Monday – Friday at 7 PM and Saturday at 6 PM. We have extended hours available, with advance notice, Monday through Thursday until 9 pm.
COLLARS AND LEASHES: For safety reasons, collars will be removed when your dog enters the play area of the facility. All dogs must have a collar or harness with proper ID tag, rabies tag and we recommend registering with a Cuyahoga County dog license while enrolled at The Mutt Hutt Ltd. If we are walking your dog outside of our facility or transporting your dog anywhere outside of our facility, we will make every effort to use the leash and collar you provide us with. There are times when a correction collar may be used on your dog to correct behavior problems. Please ask about this if there is a concern. Should you chose to have your dog in their own collar we require a signed waiver before admittance.
PAYMENT: Payment in full is required in advance and always before your pet leaves our facility. We accept checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and, of course, cash. Be aware if you leave a debit card on file it will be charged and we will not be responsible for overdraft fees. We prefer to swipe your card upon departure, however we can keep your credit card on file and can either apply charges to your credit card as they are incurred or keep a tally of charges incurred and you can pay with another means when you pick your pet up. We will only use your credit card for the emergency purposes or for nonpayment.
UNACCEPTABLE ANIMALS: The Mutt Hutt Ltd. reserves in its sole discretion the right to refuse to accept, or to reject upon acceptance, any dog who we believe would not safely integrate with the rest of the animals, or who we believe does not have an appropriate temperament to integrate into our environment. This includes, but is not limited to, aggressive, anti-social, overly active, overly anxious or physically ill dogs.
BARKING: We will not tolerate excessive barking; it is very disruptive to the playgroup. If your dog is barking excessively, we will isolate your dog to attempt to stop the barking. In the event your dog continues this behavior they may be asked to leave the facility or we can discuss with you other options to help solve the problem.
VACCINATIONS: All dogs are required to be fully vaccinated (including distemper, parvo, rabies and bordetella injection) and provide proof thereof. We require a printout from your vet, which you can either bring in to us or have the vet fax directly to us. Please provide us with annual updates of your pet’s vaccination records. It is your responsibility to make sure that your pet continues to be fully vaccinated while visiting The Mutt Hutt Ltd. We reserve the right to remove your dog from the facility if they are not fully vaccinated.
FLEA & HEARTWORM PREVENTATIVE: All dogs must be wearing flea protection (suggested from April-December), in the form of a topical liquid. Flea collars are NOT acceptable. Your dog may be inspected for fleas when he/she comes in. If your dog is found to have fleas, they will be refused service until proper flea protection is given and an inspection shows no fleas. If your dog contracts fleas while at The Mutt Hutt Ltd., The Mutt Hutt Ltd. is not responsible because proper flea protection was not administered.
VETERINARY CARE: The Mutt Hutt Ltd. will use our best efforts if your pet becomes ill or injured. We will contact you and/or your vet immediately. If that is not possible, and we deem it necessary, we will seek immediate medical attention for your pet, at your sole expense, from the most readily available certified veterinarian. By signing our Authorization Waiver, you authorize The Mutt Hutt Ltd. and its representatives to act “as owner”, at your sole expense, in the case of medical necessity. We encourage you to make payment arrangements with Gateway Animal Clinic in advance. If payment arrangements have not been made and The Mutt Hutt Ltd. incurs the costs it will be your responsibility to immediately pay for any charges incurred by The Mutt Hutt Ltd.
SPAY & NEUTER POLICY: With the exception of puppies, The Mutt Hutt Ltd. does NOT accept dogs that are not spayed or neutered. Should your dog inadvertently becomes impregnated, The Mutt Hutt Ltd. shall not be liable for any resultant litter, illness or medical expenses, or otherwise. Please help the pet population and spay or neuter your pet.
TOURS OF THE MUTT HUTT FACILITY: We realize that it’s important for you to see where your dog is spending its day. We pride ourselves in having a controlled and quiet pack of dogs at all times. Having “strangers” (you) walk through our doors can upset the dogs and can erupt into a doggy dispute. Therefore we do not allow clients to walk onto our playroom floor. We do offer a sneak peak through our lobby window that will reveal the playroom floor. We provide lots of photographs on our website, the back yard is made up of shade trees and smooth pea gravel and we have a 12’x4’ pool and plenty of play equipment and dog houses. We are more than happy to show you pictures or video upon request.
- All dogs are required to arrive by 10 AM.
- Reservations are taken on a first come/first served basis and are based on availability.
- Reservations are required in advance of the stay.
- Due to high demand, we recommend you make reservations 2 weeks in advance for non-holiday stays and 6 weeks in advance for stays incorporating a holiday. We will try our best to accommodate last-minute requests. We do not guarantee space.
- We do not hold space without a credit card deposit. The 50% credit card deposit is required at the time of booking. Please note if you have a debit card on file it will be charged at the time of booking.
- Daycare passes cannot be applied for overnight stays.
- Prior to arrival, there are no additional fees should you need to change your dog’s arrival/departure or check in/check out times. However, due to limited space, we may not have room for your dog to arrive early or stay later.
- Regular hourly daycare fees will be applied for check-outs that occur after noon on the scheduled day of departure. Fees are listed below.
HOLIDAY OVERNIGHT STAY RESERVATION POLICY
- The Mutt Hutt is closed for check-in on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Due to popular demand for a cage-free overnight experience we do book up for holidays 8 weeks in advance.
- During the designated HOLIDAY BLACK OUT DAYS, deposits paid for holiday reservations are non-refundable and are paid at the time of booking. Please be sure of your stay before making your reservation. Your credit card will be charged a non-refundable, 50% deposit.
2015-2016 HOLIDAY BLACK OUT DAYS
Christmas/New Years 2015-16: Wednesday, December 23 – Monday, January 4, 2016
Memorial Day 2016: Friday, May 27 – Tuesday, May 31, 2016
Independence Day 2016: Friday, July 1 – Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Labor Day 2016: Friday, September 2 – Tuesday, September 6, 2016
Thanksgiving 2016: Wednesday, November 23 – Monday, November 28, 2016
Christmas/New Years 2016-17: Friday, December 23 – Monday, January 2, 2017
- Due to the high demand for supervised, cage-free overnight stays, we usually have a waiting list for owners wishing to leave their dogs at The Mutt Hutt. Please book in advance and cancel within 48-hours of your arrival date.
- Reservations for non-holiday stays must be cancelled at least 48-hours prior to the arrival time.
- Cancellations made less than 48-hours prior to the arrival date of non-holiday stays are non-refundable.
- REMINDER: Deposits paid for stays that include Holiday Black Out Days are non-refundable and are required at the time of booking.
OVERNIGHT STAY CHECK-IN POLICY
- The Mutt Hutt is closed for check-in on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Please allow 10 minutes when you arrive at TMH to go over any specific details about your dog’s eating habits or medication needs.
- Please refrain from bringing blankets, beds, cages and toys. We know your dog loves them, but we provide everything your dog will need for his or her stay!
- TMH operates supervised and cage-free 24 hours per day and we need to make sure all of the dog’s burn off their daytime energy before bedtime. To keep all of the dogs safe and on the same energy level, we require that all dogs check-in by 10 AM. Dogs arriving after 10 AM will incur a $25 penalty fee.
- All dogs must be checked into the facility by 10 AM regardless of staying for the day or overnight. This is to help balance the energy levels of the entire pack and preserve the safety of the dogs in our care. We ask that you respect our policies as safety is our number one concern.
- Check-in Schedule: Monday- Friday: 7:00 am – 10 AM Saturday: 8:00 am – 10 AM Sunday: CLOSED
OVERNIGHT STAY CHECK-OUT POLICY
- To avoid additional fees check-out must be before Noon on the scheduled day of departure.
- Hourly daycare fees will be applied for checking out after Noon up until 9 PM Monday-Friday and 6 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- The fees are listed below: 1-Mutt Rate: $3/hour 3-Mutt Rate: $8/hour 2-Mutt Rate: $5/hour 4-Mutt Rate: $10/hour
- Additional hourly fees are not applied for dogs who stay 5-nights or more and a free Mutt-Wash is also included for 5-night stays.
- No dogs are permitted to check out before 8 AM on Sundays.
- We understand your plans may change resulting in a later pick-up time. The last check-out time is 9:00 pm Monday through Thursday, 7:00 PM on Friday and 6:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday. If you do not arrive by closing time, your dog will be boarded for an additional night at your expense.
- During playtime, your dog may become dirty, slobbered on and smelly. We offer Mutt-Washes for $15 plus tax. Be sure to ask for a departure wash if you would like to your dog to come home clean. Dogs that stay with us for 5 days or more receive a complimentary Mutt-Wash on the day of departure.
- We will feed and medicate your dog at no charge with food you provide.
- We provide stainless steel bowls that are sanitized before each feeding.
- Unless otherwise noted, all dogs are fed two times per day in the morning and evening. Please let us know if your dog requires a mid-day snack or lunch.
- It is your responsibility to bring food with your dog to last his or her entire stay.
- We appreciate when food is portioned out in individual Zip-Loc bags for each meal. If this is not possible, we will bag the food for you.
- Please be aware your dog is burning a lot more energy during their extended overnight stay than they do while at home. They may require a larger helping of food.
- We ask that you pack extra food in case your plans unexpectedly change and your dog needs to stay with us longer.
- We do not recommend changing your dog’s food during their Mutt Hutt stay, as it may upset their digestive system. In the event you do not provide food, we will make every attempt to provide the brand of food your dog normally eats. The cost of the food plus a $6 handling fee will be charged to your account.
- If we can not reach you or your dog runs out of food before checking out, we will provide your dog with our house brand (Diamond or Nature’s Domain brand Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato) and you account will be charged $2 per meal.
- All necessary medications and instructions must be provided at the time of check-in.
- Please allow up to 10 minutes to discuss the medication procedures with TMH staff.
- We will follow your verbal instructions and they will be documented on TMH medication log during your dog’s stay. Should your verbal instructions be different than the actual label on the medication, we will make every attempt to contact you or your veterinary provider for proper administration of medication.